Friday, March 17, 2017

hardships

Time to talk about the difficulties.

Work is always work, even when you’re doing something that you truly love. If you’re getting paid money for it, then it’s inevitable that not everything is going to be pretty, easy, nor smooth. Certainly there are going to be parts of it that you’re going to hate and compromises that you will be forced to take. 





I have a complicated relationship with quitting. I give up a lot. Most recently I have quit a job back in Warsaw. Sometimes quitting and giving up is amazing - it means leaving all the stuff you don’t longer need behind, growing from the experience and moving on. But sometimes it’s terrible and means giving up on your hopes and dreams, sabotaging yourself.

Back in Warsaw, as a hobby I had been organising pop-up dinners almost every month for about 2 and a half years. The last one I organised was in February, shortly before my departure.

Even though there were a lot of extremely hard moments in my bibimbap-making "career", I never gave up on doing this. I couldn’t give up, because I loved it too much.

Right now, I see my cooking at the guesthouse as the next episode in my culinary adventure.

I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do this right now if I didn’t have previous experience with the pop-up dinners, where I sometimes cooked for more than 40 people during one evening. Here, the most so far was 11 orders at the same time. 3 different dishes to make almost from scratch.


.








No comments:

Post a Comment